Monday, June 1, 2009

Turn(ing) to Stone

Currently Listening to: And so it Goes - Billy Joel



Photographed by Miss C @ Food Street

I haven't posted photos in a long while so in case my dear friends forgot how i look like. I'm spotting a neat hairstyle now! Ok, I don't think anyone's interested. MAybe i'll delete that photo in a couple of days.

Anyway, I think this will be my last proper entry in awhile. It's of course debatable how you define 'proper' but I'm know what i meant when i said this so take my word for it! I'd just be clearing advertorials and posting random photos. =P

I was reflecting the month of May while I was in the car, along the expressway, on the way home last night.

I realised how peaceful life has been since examinations ended in early May, with the exception of a few events where i'm required to dress up, everything has been simple and happy. The luxury of time on my side means i can afford to do things i like, read books, study music, or having naps! With the exception of the ditch i fell into in the post-results era, the entire month has been enriching. I've been studying/listening to the likes of Michael Buble, Ingrid Michaelson, Alexander Rybak and many others. Lately, i've also started listening to Stef's songs again, kinda like revising  for her concert next month, i still can remember most of the songs + lyrics ok!

ChongQing once mentioned to me that the mood of my blog is very negative, and it gives off the vibe that i'm a very 悲观 person. Hmm... I'm not!!! It's just that unhappy stuff usually acts as a trigger for me to blog. In reality, i'm a happy person most of the time even though i'm not that smiley a person, and i'm not one to smile at strangers. I guess that's what makes me real, which is not what i can say for some people i knew. Keyword here being knew

Last Friday, i attended KE's performance at Esplanade with Cindy, Don and Jarrod. I cannot remember the last time i was at Esplanade, and i definitely do not remember the event or the people i went with. Anyway, they sounded really good! That set me thinking, how good is good? How good do i have to be to be considered good?

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 
In all you ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight. [Proverbs 3:5-6]

Alrighty, that's about all i have to share for now. The title for this entry is completely irrelevant. It's from a song by Ingrid Michaelson called 'Turn to Stone'. Go youtube it if you're interested.

Yeah, i updated! Check out my Tweets for more spontaneous updates.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Revision for her concert, that's like what so many people are doing these days.

Ryan said...

anonymous - HAHA ya! Actually i know her songs pretty well, just revise. So can sing along