Thursday, May 21, 2009

Revelation.

Currently Listening to: On My Knees - Jaci Valesquez

It took me days to decide how i'm going to bring this across and i haven't found the perfect way but i guess it's something i have to get off my chest.


This past week has been extremely 'educational' for me. I attended an event where i met a lot of 'old friends', some i haven't seen in more than a year and  a handful whom i've meet at a recent fashion show. Many of the conversations went like this, with uniform questions and me giving uniform replies..

1.
"Hello how are you?"

"Hi, I'm good."

2.
"Hey what are you doing now?"

"Hello, I'm doing good I'm good."

It's a fact that many things can happen in a year and considering the lack of contact for the past one year, i would have given a more straightforward answer like this..

"Hello, i don't know you well enough (anymore) to have this conversation".

While some people stay and stick close to you in life, many don't. I'm content with the people i have now so forgive me if i seem less interested in making pointless conversations. 


On another occasion, i returned to a place where i picked up my basics in vocal training. I wasn't surprised that change wasn't evident there. The people whom i've come to known because of a past performance are still there, rehearsing for their upcoming performances. I missed those days where we all had fun, i do, but I've moved on. 

It took me awhile to convince myself that I've made the right decision.My musicality has definitely increased over the past few months even though there are still many many aspects to work on. Then again, sometimes, the loneliness gets to me. I have to constantly strive for improvement, and I guess this is the part that sucks and make me miss those fun times playing music with everyone again. Then again, this constant comparison with myself is what pushes me forward, to improve. How contradicting. How pathetic, i don't even know what i want. Hopefully He will tell when the time comes..

“Because of your faith it will happen.” (Matthew 9:29)


Lastly, i want to thank the staff at Kbox Cine for the great service, along with all the complementary food and drinks. Thank You! =)

No comments: