Monday, June 22, 2009

Stay(ing) Real.

Currently Listening to: Mmm Papi - Britney Spears


Last week was really crazy. On the up side, i was bright and sunny the entire week i didn't realise how fast time passes. Moreover, i was online most of the time because of wireless @ sg. It's amazing how contactable i can be. =P Ok, i admit i was a little put off by some people during the planning of the trip but everything is slowly falling in place and i've learnt the lesson on 'forgiveness' from C and from reading the bible.

So i received the email saying that the acceptance package is on the way. The airtickets are booked, and the hostels will be booked in a few hours. I'm leaving in ... 6 weeks! I guess the knowing that you'll be away in 6 weeks time and won't be back in Sg until next year keeps me on a constant high and an occasional low along the way. I think i'll miss home. Hmm... I'm gonna start packing really soon! It's finally starting to feel ... real. Oh and i did a little of shopping over the weekend. I bought a pair of boots that i fell in love with at first sight! It's a little pricey but it's really gorgeous. I also bought some winter clothes and inner and outer wear which amounted to SGD 500 bucks. Seriously, i'm gonna survive on bread for the next 6 months.

I met up with several friends from my schooling and army life over the past week. The vast difference of comfortability i experienced when hanging with the various groups set me thinking. I reached a conclusion today. I realised that the reason why people grow apart is because some move on faster than others. The resulting difference in frequencies cause gatherings to be all about reminiscing the past, and very briefing touching on the 'now'. It's difficult to talk about the 'now' because I do not know if people understand what I'm doing, why I'm doing it and what I've been through this entire time. I'm not sure I'm willing and ready to share, to squeeze months of happenings into a couple of hours... Hmm... i guess you have to be constantly around to live in the now.

 ... it's all about pursuing our interests and staying grounded to reality at the same time..

3 comments:

SherMin said...

CHERRRRRRR!!! which country u going ar? i forgottennnn..X:

Ryan said...

SherMin - Hello! imma gg Finland. =)

SherMin said...

WA..! good lor.. halr a year right? if i nvr rb wrongly.. i guess u sure will enjoy de lor.. play till u crazy.. but study too :X SherMin